Specific- A specific goal has a much greater chance of being accomplished than a general goal.
- I want to accomplish my goals which is achieving excellent results in order to obtain scholarship and enter the top best medical school which located in United Kingdom. I have a draft plan which hopefully I will become a gynaecology or paediatrics in 7 years time. The purpose for me accomplishing this goals are to decrease the burden on both of my parent’s shoulder. It is also my dream to assist people who in need. Babies are adorable, they give me a sign of happiness and hope which reminds me to appreciate our lives, time, family, friends and the nature.
Measurable-Establish concrete criteria for measuring progress toward the attainment of each goal you set.
- In order to achieve my goals, I am saving up my every week allowance I receive from my parents so that I could lessen my parents finance issue. When I have enough amount of money, I would use it for my cost-living in overseas country.
Attainable- When you identify goals that are most important to you, you begin to figure out ways you can make them come true.
- I have a very positive attitude which always motivate myself to work harder and never give up half way. Double my efforts I require to put in my academics and curriculums. Besides, I will also contribute myself more to the community by volunteering in hospital which also benefits me to gain experience and acknowledge the insight of the hospital. When you list your goals you build your self-image. You see yourself as worthy of these goals, and develop the traits and personality that allow you to possess them.
Realistic- To be realistic, a goal must represent an objective toward which you are both willing and able to work.
- A high goal is frequently easier to reach than a low one because a low goal exerts low motivational force. Hence, I set my goals high to motivate myself to study hard, work hard so I could be the most outstanding. Some of the hardest jobs you ever accomplished actually seem easy simply because they were a labor of love. Therefore, I always tell myself everyday, ‘Don’t work for money, work for the sake of love, passion.’
Time-based- A goal should be grounded within a time frame.
- I believe that I could graduate in another 7 years time and become the my dream career.